Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 12 cookies
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup add-in of your choice, such as chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc. (optional)
- 6 tablespoons Nutella
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash banana. Add butter and mash together. Next add egg, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract, and beat on medium-high with a mixer until well combined, at least 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix on a low speed until flour dissolves. If you are mixing in chocolate chips or sprinkles, add up to 3/4 cup of the mix and fold in gently with a rubber spatula.
- Cover the bowl and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from fridge and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. My cookie scoop yielded almost 2 tablespoons or so per scoop. This yields about 10-12 cookies.
- With back of a spoon, gently press each ball dough to flatten a bit. They will spread out as they bake.
- Place in oven for about 15 minutes. Remove and let cookies cool before handling them.
- Once cooled, top with about a 1/2 tablespoon of Nutella per cookie. Spread Nutella over the cookie with the back of a spoon. Yum!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post