Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Mark Reinfeld
Makes 12 fries
- 3 medium broccoli stalks, peeled and cut into 12, approximately 1/4-inch by 4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika or chipotle powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat toaster oven to 375°F. Place coconut oil, salt, pepper, paprika on a small baking sheet and mix well. Add the broccoli strips and coat well. Bake for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Bake longer for crispier fries.
Recipe Courtesy of Da Capo Lifelong Press and Chef Mark Reinfeld of Vegan Fusion and the Doctor and the Chef (www.doctorandchef.com).