Photo Credit: Siggi's
Lemony Pumpkin Soup
Get two doses of healthy pumpkin in this recipe. There’s pumpkin puree in the soup and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds (or pepitas) over the top. Turmeric, which is an anti-inflammatory, gives the soup a pretty color and adds in extra healthy goodness.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup siggi’s 4% plain skyr
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Pepita parmesan topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a soup pot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, shallot, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine, and bring to a light simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup mixture to a blender or use an emulsion blender to puree the soup.
- Pour the soup back into the pot and continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
- For the pepita parmesan topping: pre-heat oven to 325°F. Place pepitas on one half of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so none are on top of each other. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of parmesan cheese and pat down into circles on the other half of the pan. Repeat with remaining cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is golden and crisp.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese crisps, pepitas and extra freshly ground black pepper if you desire!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 870mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post