Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 2 cups
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (or 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander, turmeric and black pepper
- 1/2 cup split red lentils
- 1 13 1/2 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (or coconut milk yogurt if you're vegan), for serving
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, for serving
- Place coconut oil and garam masala in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When spices begin to smell fragrant, just about 30 seconds, stir in lentils, coconut milk and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, turn heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer until the lentils are completely soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Season mixture to taste with salt. Turn off heat and let mixture cool to room temperature. It will thicken slightly as it cools. Transfer dip to a serving bowl. Top with yogurt and toasted coconut and serve immediately.
Excerpted from Simply Julia: 110 Easy Recipes for Healthy Comfort Food © 2021 by Julia Turshen. Published by Harper Wave, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers. Reprinted by permission.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Sodium: 406mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post