Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower (if you have frozen you can use that as well)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups pineapple, chopped (if using canned drain them first)
- pinch of brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- green onions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hoison sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- onion powder
- In a large saute pan with high sides melt the butter, then add the pineapple along with the brown sugar, stir to incorporate. Let the pineapple saute and caramelize for about 4 minutes.
- Add the teaspoon of sesame oil and garlic, saute another two minutes.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the pan along with the water. Season with Chinese five spice powder and salt. Stir gently to incorporate.
- Lower the heat and cover for 3-4 minutes.
- After the rice has steamed a bit remove the cover. Add the green onions and fold in sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve as a side dish. Or add flaked salmon, or browned turkey meat to make a main dish!
- Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce. Add as much as desired to the rice and toss to combine.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post