Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 10.5 ounces (300g) carrots
- 2 cups (480ml) fresh orange juice
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Handful of pistachio nuts, to serve
- Peel your carrots if necessary and cut any large ones in half - make sure they're all a similar size. I use baby carrots, so I scrub them clean with a scourer and split any large one lengthways.
- Put the carrots in a large, lidded saucepan with the rest of the ingredients, cover and place over high heat. If squeezing your own juice, add one of the orange halves to the pan for extra flavour. Cook the carrots until tender - baby carrots take around 8-10 minutes but it will depend on the size.
- The orange sauce may have already reduced to a glaze-like consistency but if it hasn't lift the carrots out of the pan with a slotted spoon (keep on a plate) and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced to a glaze. Once it has thickened, turn off the heat and return the carrots to the pan. Toss them in the glaze a few times until they are coated, then serve with pistachio nuts sprinkled over.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post