Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 ¼ cups dried broad/fava beans
- 14 ounces potatoes
- About 2 Large large handfuls greens, such as cabbage or kale
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Put beans in a large pan or flameproof earthenware pot and cover generously with cold water. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer gently for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes, cut into 1-inch slices and put in a bowl of cold water. Leave to soak until beans are ready.
- After 2 hours, the pan of beans will have developed a foamy scum. Skim this off, and then pour away most of the water by tilting pan carefully over the sink.
- Drain potato slices and spread them over the semi-drained broad beans, then top up to the level of the potatoes with fresh water. Add a pinch of salt and return pan to heat for a further 30–40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil greens in salted water for 10–20 minutes, until tender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, and then serve purée in heated shallow bowls, with a generous swirl of olive oil on top of each portion and a topping of greens.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Sodium: 496mg | Fiber: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine