Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 8 dozen
- 1 box Barilla® Protein+™ Elbows
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups (packed) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions - drain well.
- Spray a nonstick mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Cook, whisking occasionally, for about 2 -3 minutes until thickened.
- Add cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and stir to melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg yolks, salt and nutmeg. Stir in macaroni.
- Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of macaroni and cheese into the prepared mini muffin pan. Each cup should be filled to the top. Pack each one down gently. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until golden and sizzling. Completely cool. Using a teaspoon, carefully loosen the mac and cheese bites and transfer to a platter to serve.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post