Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 8 ounces Halloumi cheese
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 gluten free baguette*, sliced 1/2″ thick
- Slice the block of Halloumi cheese on the diagonal and then slice each triangle into four thin triangles.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper and rosemary. Add cheese slices to lemon juice mixture and carefully toss to coat all of the slices evenly.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and add the slices of cheese. Use a pastry brush to brush remaining marinade on top of baguette slices.
- Find empty spaces around the cheese for the baguette slices. You may need to do this in a few batches. The cheese will start to brown after a few minutes. Use tongs to carefully turn cheese over until a nice light brown grill mark is achieved on each side.
- Do the same with the baguette slices, brushing the marinade on each side.
- Serve warm.
Halloumi cheese originated in Cyprus. It is a salty cheese traditionally made from sheep’s milk. It is usually fried or grilled and can be served alongside vegetables, grilled bread or even watermelon, as it is often served in Cyprus during warmer weather.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 125mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine