Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, rough chop
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- In a food processor, pulse together chickpeas, parsley, capers, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper until combined, but still chunky (not a paste). Spoon chickpea mixture into a bowl and stir in egg and flour.
- Make about 8 patties using your hands to form and flatten the mixture. If you wet your fingers a bit before doing this it will help the mixture not stick to you so much!
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add some olive oil. Fry chickpea patties until golden, 3 minutes per side, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with the spicy marinara and a little extra Parmesan cheese!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post