Shrimp and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced cremini or baby bella mushrooms
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces, woody ends removed
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium wheatfree tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, optional for garnish
- Rinse and dry shrimp, and prepare all the vegetables so they are ready to go at the same time.
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a wok or large skillet. Add shallots and mushrooms. Stir often for about 3 minutes, until mushrooms begin to wilt and release moisture. Add asparagus, pea pods, garlic and ginger, and stir for another 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp, soy sauce and broth, and cook until shrimp is pink and fully cooked through.
Calories: 212 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 7g Sodium: 287mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 26g Cholesterol: 173mg
Serve as is or over quinoa or brown rice, and garnish with fresh cilantro.