Super Bowl Chili with Corn Jalapeno Relish
A delicious dish to serve up at your Super Bowl party…or any time.
- 3 pounds short rib (boneless), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can (28-ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dark beer
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker on the low heat setting.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Corn Jalapeño Relish:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Serve a dollop on top of bowl of chili.
Adrianne Calvo is executive chef and owner of Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar, host of Maximum Flavor Live on NBC’s 6 in the Mix, author of four cookbooks: Maximum Flavor (2005); Chef Adrianne: Driven by Flavor Fueled by Fire (2008); #MaximumFlavorSocial(2014); and Play with Fire (2015), and founder of the Make it Count Foundation. For more information, visit www.chefadriannes.com or follow her on Instagram: @chefadrianne and Facebook by clicking here.