Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 12 ounces OZO™ Plant-Based Mexican Seasoned Ground
- 1 1/3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 12 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups english cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 cups tahini dressing or sesame dressing
- Add 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil to a medium- sized sauté pan, and sauté OZO Plant-Based Mexican Seasoned Ground over medium high heat until fully cooked, reaching an internal temperature of 165F°F. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the quinoa, then place into a small pot. Cover with water or broth and add salt. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat, and keep covered an additional 10 minutes.
- Mix the shawarma spice blend ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ cup, red onion, peeled and thinly sliced, ¼ cup parsley, washed and chopped, ¼ cup mint, washed and chopped, 2 tablespoons lemon zest until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Dry the chickpeas thoroughly with a kitchen towel or paper towels. Toss with 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil, then spread onto a baking sheet.
- Toss the cauliflower with the remaining tablespoon of grapeseed oil and just over half the spice blend. Set the remaining spice blend aside. Spread the cauliflower onto a second baking sheet.
- Place baking sheets in the oven and roast, rotating once halfway through, about 30 minutes total. The chickpeas are done when they're golden browned and crisp. The cauliflower is done when you can easily pierce the stems with the tip of a sharp knife.
- While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, make the tomato cucumber salad. Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, mint and parsley in a small bowl, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and toss.
- Remove chickpeas from the oven and toss with the remaining spice blend and lemon zest.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Assemble the shawarma bowls. Divide the cooked meat and cooked quinoa between four bowls. Top each with chickpeas, cauliflower, and tomato cucumber salad. Drizzle with tahini or sesame dressing to taste and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post