Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 12 ounces skinless salmon
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (remove seed and membrane if you don't want it to be too spicy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (unseasoned is best)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil, for frying
- Buns, for serving, optional
Chipotle Lime Crema:
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream (can use regular dairy sour cream or Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon adobo from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut fish into 1-inch chunks; add to bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Pulse until fish resembles the texture of ground beef.
- Add ground salmon to a large bowl along with remaining ingredients. Mix until ingredients are well distributed and combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours so all the flavors can come together.
- When ready to cook, heat a pan over medium-high heat; add 2 Tbsp canola oil. Form patties with your hands, using ¼ cup of the mixture for each patty.
- Add several patties to oil; cook for 3 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook 2 minutes on second side. Transfer to a cooling rack while you fry the rest of the salmon. You may need to add oil to the pan to prevent them from sticking.
- Serve on buns or alone alongside chipotle lime crema and some pickled onions or cabbage or other toppings.
Chipotle Lime Crema:
- In a bowl combine, stirring until incorporated: ½ cup vegan sour cream (can use regular dairy sour cream or Greek yogurt), 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, 1 Tbsp adobo from a can of chipotles in adobo, ¼ tsp salt
Excerpted from Peas Love and Carrots © 2020 by Danielle Renov. ArtScroll Mesorah Publications. photos by Moshe Wulliger.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 1339mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post