Photo Credit: Aleksey Zozulya
Saffron Seafood Risotto
This deliciously creamy seafood risotto is the perfect meal for a special occasion.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cups Arborio rice (you must use Arborio to make a proper risotto)
- 1 cup dry white wine (like a chardonnay) or additional broth
- 1/2 pound raw large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fresh scallops (any size)
- 1/2 pound calamari rings
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Add the oil and ghee to the Instant Pot, hit Sauté, and Adjust so it’s on the More or High setting.
- Once the oil’s bubbling and the ghee’s melted (about 3 minutes), add the saffron and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute, then add the wine and let simmer for 2 minutes. Add the broth and give it all a final stir.
- Hit Keep Warm/Cancel, secure the lid, move the valve to the sealing position, and hit Manual or Pressure Cook on High Pressure for 6 minutes. Quick release when done.
- Stir in the shrimp, scallops, calamari, oregano, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and pepper. Cook stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and curled. Stir in the Parmesan (if using).
- Serve topped with chives, if desired.
Jeff’s Tip: Should you like a bit more seafood flavor in the broth, go for lobster or fish broth (such as 4 teaspoons Lobster or Fish Better Than Bouillon plus 4 cups water). Either will increase the sodium by about 360mg. Excerpted from The Lighter Step-By-Step Instant Pot Cookbook: Easy Recipes for a Slimmer, Healthier You © 2021 by Jeffrey Eisner. Published by BenBella Books.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post