Roasted Sweet Potato & Pepper Skillet
A versatile skillet for brunch or dinner. For another version, omit bacon and add a 1/2 pound of shiitake mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, medium dice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ pound natural or vegetarian bacon*, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, medium dice
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Coconut oil for greasing pan
- 4 cage-free eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a large-rimmed baking sheet, coat sweet potatoes with coconut oil, spices and salt. Roast 40–45 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
- Add onions; sauté 3–4 minutes until translucent. Stir in peppers, and cook an additional 2–3 minutes, until softened. Stir in spinach to wilt.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, adding oil to coat pan. Fry four eggs overeasy, keeping yolk soft.
- Stir roasted sweet potatoes into vegetables, and serve topped with a fried egg.