Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup water or vegetable stock
- 6 cups assorted root vegetables, chopped (parsnip, beet, sweet potato, carrot, Jerusalem artichoke, celeriac, or other root vegetables)
- ½ cup fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, minced (parsley, dill, and/or basil)
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari or soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse vegetables well and chop into ½-inch cubes. Combine vegetables, oil, fennel, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes in a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and mix well.
- Bake until all vegetables are cooked through, approximately 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 5 minutes, add remaining ingredients and mix well before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Da Capo Lifelong Press and Chef Mark Reinfeld of Vegan Fusion and the Doctor and the Chef (www.doctorandchef.com).
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post