Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Mark Reinfeld
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup water or vegetable stock
- 6 cups assorted root vegetables, chopped (parsnip, beet, sweet potato, carrot, Jerusalem artichoke, celeriac, or other root vegetables)
- ½ cup fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, minced (parsley, dill, and/or basil)
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari or soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse vegetables well and chop into ½-inch cubes. Combine vegetables, oil, fennel, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes in a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and mix well.
- Bake until all vegetables are cooked through, approximately 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 5 minutes, add remaining ingredients and mix well before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Da Capo Lifelong Press and Chef Mark Reinfeld of Vegan Fusion and the Doctor and the Chef (www.doctorandchef.com).