Red Lentil and Olive Salad with Feta Mint Dressing
The combo of lentils and yogurt make this a protein-packed recipe.
Share this Post
- 1 cup red lentils (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
Yogurt Feta Dressing:
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Stonyfield)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Combine the lentils and bay leaf. Place in a medium size pot and add 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Make sure to keep lentils covered with water during cooking; if water level is low, add additional water and reduce the cooking temperature.
- Drain the water and pull out the bay leaf. Add chopped olives and tomato halves and refrigerate until cold.
- While the lentils are chilling make the dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over lentils
- When ready, top with dressing and serve.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post