Recipe Type: Breakfast
Author: Noelle Tarr and Stefani Ruper
Makes: 1 16-ounce serving
- 1 banana, peeled, frozen, and sliced
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut water
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Extra Toppings
- Raspberries, sliced kiwi, or sliced dragon fruit
- Chopped nuts, such as walnuts, or pecans, or pumpkin seeds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Freeze-dried fruit chunks
- To make the smoothie base, place the banana, coconut milk, and coconut water in a blender and pulse until combined. Add the raspberries, almond butter, and vanilla and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl, sprinkle with the desired toppings, and delight in eating a smoothie with a spoon.
- Change it up: Add 1 scoop grass-fed collagen peptides to the smoothie (while blending) to give it gut-healing properties.
From the book, COCONUTS AND KETTLEBELLS: A Personalized 4-Week Food and Fitness Plan for Long-Term Health, Happiness, and Freedom. Copyright 2018 by Noelle Tarr and Stefani Ruper. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.