Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 cups water
- 1½ cups quinoa
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup organic mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 sheets nori
- 1½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 ounces arugula
- ½ medium cucumber, seeded and medium diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa and salt, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes, until water is absorbed. Turn off heat and steam with lid on for 5 minutes. Add rice vinegar and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare spicy mayo by whisking mayonnaise, lime juice, tamari and cayenne in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Using scissors, slice nori into ½-inch strips. Stack together and cut into ½-inch squares. Stir half of the sliced nori into quinoa once it is cooked.
- Heat sesame oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and cook about 2 minutes on each side, until pink and no longer opaque. Stir in garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt, and cook for 1 minute more, until fragrant.
- To assemble, divide quinoa into 4 bowls. Top with shrimp, a nest of arugula, cucumbers and avocado. Drizzle with mayo, and garnish with remaining nori and sesame seeds.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 297mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post