Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 8 people
- 4 tsp grapeseed, divided
- 1 1/2 cups tri-colored quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp dry sage
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 4 peeled shallots, sliced in half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 Bosc pears, ripe but firm, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- In large saucepan over medium heat, heat 2 tsp oil. Place quinoa in panand heat, stirring often, until it smells toasted. Add broth and sage to pan,bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered until quinoa istender and liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and letstand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and place rimmed baking sheet in oven as it heats.Toss sweet potato and shallots with remaining oil and salt. Spread out onwarmed baking sheet. Roast until sweet potato is tender, stirring once, about20 minutes. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop shallots.
- In large bowl, stir together quinoa, sweet potato, shallots, celery,pears, pecans, cherries (if using), thyme, and rosemary. Add cider vinegar andtoss to combine.
Calories: 0.25kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 218mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post