Healthy AND tasty!
- 1 1/4 cups rainbow quinoa, rinsed
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 fresh green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 16 whole-wheat slider buns, toasted
- 1 ½ cups arugula
- ¼ cup pickled radishes (See directions below)
- 16 kosher dill petite pickles
- 10 red radishes, trimmed, unpeeled, quartered
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a saucepan, bring quinoa, vegetable stock and sea salt to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place next 11 ingredients (through egg white) in a food processor or blender and mix until combined.
- Add the seasoning mix and the quinoa flour one spoonful at a time to the cooled quinoa. Mix to combine.
- Roll and mold the mixture into 16 ¼-inch patties, and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the patties for 15–20 minutes until brown.
- To assemble, layer each bottom bun with arugula, a patty, pickled radishes, the top bun and a toothpick-speared petite pickle.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a clean 1 quart glass jar. Add vinegar, salt, and sugar. Cover; shake until sugar and salt begin to dissolve.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 days, shaking once a day.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 month ahead. (The flavor mellows the longer the mixture pickles.) Keep chilled. Source: Epicurious