100 percent guilt-free cookies.
Quinoa Confetti Cookies
Serves: 36 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown rice flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- In another bowl combine flour, oats, cooked quinoa, baking soda and ground cinnamon. Stir gently until well mixed. Add flour mixture to wet mixture, and stir or blend until mixed.
- Stir or gently blend in cranberries, walnuts, currants and chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate cookie dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare a large cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Place dough on the cookie sheet by the heaping tablespoon—about 2 inches apart.
- Bake on middle rack for about 11 minutes. Cookies should just be beginning to brown lightly on top. Remove from oven and let cool for about 3 minutes; then carefully move cookies to wire rack to finish cooling.
Serving size: Per cookie Calories: 82 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 15.8g Sodium: 96mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 19mg
To reduce sugars in this recipe, simply omit the chocolate chips or dried currants or dried cranberries. We would first omit the chocolate chips, because both the dried currants and dried (unsweetened) cranberries offer fiber and antioxidants.