Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Pure Blends
Avocado Mango Salsa:
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 Tbsp. Pure Blends™ Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter
- 1 medium vine-ripened tomato, chopped, 1 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 8 (6-in. ea.) corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- For Avocado Mango Salsa: Combine avocado, mango, jalapeno, red onion, lime juice and cilantro in medium bowl.
- For Tacos: Melt Pure Blends™ Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook tomato, red onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas, tomato paste and 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until a thick sauce forms and mixture is heated through, about 7 minutes.
- Divide chickpea mixture evenly between warmed tortillas and top with shredded lettuce and Avocado Mango Salsa. Serve with lime wedges if desired.
PER SERVING: Calories 350, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g, Monounsaturated Fat 6g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 560mg, Total Carbs 51g, Dietary Fiber 13g, Sugars 12g, Protein 10g, Vitamin D 0mcg, Calcium 83mg, Iron 3mg, Potassium 809mg, Omega-3 0g, Omega-6 2g