Photo Credit: Pure Blends
Red Quinoa & Kale Bowl with Creamy Orange-Basil Dressing
A plant-based, vegan bowl of super foods tossed in a sweet-savory vinaigrette.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 8 cups lightly-packed torn kale leaves, stems removed and leaves well dried
- 2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons Pure Blends™ Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter, divided
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 4 cups baby kale
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup diced cooked beets
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Bring water, 1 Tbsp. Pure Blends™ Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter and 1/2 tsp. salt if desired, to a boil in medium saucepan. Add quinoa and cook according to package directions. Remove from heat and stir in 1 Tbsp. Plant-Based Butter and kale; toss until kale wilts and set aside.
- Put remaining 4 Tbsp. Plant-Based Butter, orange juice, vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper in small microwave- safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH a few seconds just until mixture comes together when whisked. Stir in basil.
- Spoon quinoa into 4 bowls; drizzle with dressing. Toss and serve with toppings.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 18g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post