Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Pure Blends
- 8 cups lightly-packed torn kale leaves, stems removed and leaves well dried
- 2 cups water
- 6 Tbsp. Pure Blends™ Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter, divided
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 4 cups baby kale
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup diced cooked beets
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Bring water, 1 Tbsp. Pure Blends™ Avocado Oil Plant-Based Butter and 1/2 tsp. salt if desired, to a boil in medium saucepan. Add quinoa and cook according to package directions. Remove from heat and stir in 1 Tbsp. Plant-Based Butter and kale; toss until kale wilts and set aside.
- Put remaining 4 Tbsp. Plant-Based Butter, orange juice, vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper in small microwave- safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH a few seconds just until mixture comes together when whisked. Stir in basil.
- Spoon quinoa into 4 bowls; drizzle with dressing. Toss and serve with toppings.
PER SERVING: Calories 380, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbs 52g, Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 18g, Protein 11g, Vitamin D 0mcg, Calcium 153mg, Iron 2mg, Potassium 558mg, Omega-3 0g, Omega-6 2g