Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup dry polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bacon, ½-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, ½-inch half-moon slices
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Handful of arugula, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small pot, bring stock to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; add polenta, olive oil and salt. Whisk continuously about 3 minutes, until polenta thickens and becomes difficult to whisk.
- Pour polenta onto a warmed pizza stone or baking sheet lightly sprayed with oil of choice or brushed with melted butter. Using a rubber spatula, spread polenta so crust is about ¼-inch thick.
- Place crust on lower oven rack, and bake 15 minutes, until slightly crisp. Reduce heat to 425°.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add bacon, and sauté until bacon begins to brown and fat renders, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Reserve bacon fat in pan.
- Add onions to bacon fat, and cook over medium heat 7–8 minutes, until softened. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Top crust with mozzarella, bacon and onions. Bake about 8 minutes on top rack, until cheese is bubbling.
- Drizzle with balsamic, and garnish with arugula.
Calories: 530kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 37g | Sodium: 1161mg | Fiber: 3g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post