Pineapple Pecan Tahini Nice Cream
A paste made from ground sesame seeds, tahini is the perfect addition to a frozen “nice” cream. The crunchy pieces of pecan and sweet pineapple in this recipe add pleasant complexity to the creamy tahini.
- 2 cups frozen crushed pineapple
- 2 cups frozen banana, sliced into rounds
- 2⁄3 cups tahini, mixed*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup dried pineapple, chopped
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange crushed pineapple and banana on sheet in a single layer. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Transfer fruit to a food processor; process until fruit is crumbly, about 30 seconds. Stop processor, and scrape down sides with a rubber spatula. With the motor running, pour in half of the tahini, and blend continuously for 1 minute. The bottom portion of the mixture will start to become smooth, while the top is still crumbly. Stop the processor; scrape down the sides.
- Again, with the motor running, add in remaining tahini, repeating the process. Stop the processor as the mixture becomes smooth. Add vanilla, salt, pineapple juice, almond milk and maple syrup to mixture, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Fold in pecans and dried pineapple.
- Line a lidded, airtight container or a loaf pan with wax or parchment paper. Transfer mixture to container, and freeze until solid, approximately 2 hours.