Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 12 ounces Ancient Harvest Gluten Free Pasta
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 14 ounce can crushed or chopped or diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup veggie broth or milk as needed
- 3/4 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (more to deepen the flavor)
- Optional: ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add the cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Mince the garlic, chop the onion, and add to a sauté pan with 2 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Sauté until lightly golden brown, about 5 to 10 minutes over medium/low heat.
- Reduce heat to low, pour in the vodka and let simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor. Add in the drained and rinsed cashews, the rest of the olive oil, and all remaining ingredients except for the basil.
- Process until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Pour the sauce back into the sauté pan. If using the parmesan cheese, stir it in and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Combine with the cooked pasta and stir until well incorporated.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post