Shop IngredientsHow this works
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 Anjou pears, peeled and chopped
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Anjou pear, chopped in ¼-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat; add onion, and cook until translucent. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add pears, sweet potatoes, salt and thyme; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in broth. Bring to a boil; then reduce, cover, and let simmer 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, and process until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar, and cook until melted. Add chopped pear and pumpkin seeds, and sauté until caramelized. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Pour soup into bowls; then garnish with caramelized pear cubes. Can be served chilled or warm.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson and Wales University. Chef Adam Sacks, Jack Maguire and Morgan Sauer developed these recipes. Known as a leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. Learn more at jwu.edu/denver.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine