This foolproof recipe for pear crisp is as easy as pie.
- ½ cup all purpose flour, self rising
- ½ whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups pears, fresh, cubed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crust: Combine flours and salt, mix well. Add butter and water. Mix until dough consistency and roll into ball. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Filling: In a preheated pan, add oil, pears, pecans, sugar, spices, vanilla, and salt. Cook gently until pears are soft and sugars caramelize.
- Divide pear mixture and fill 8 well-greased ramekins. Set aside and cool.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into desired shape with cookie cutter. Place dough over the filling. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University on this recipe. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats.