Peach Sushi Rolls
Enjoy a classic dish with a summer twist with this sushi recipe.
- ½ block semi-firm tofu
- 1 package rice noodles
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced into 16 thin slices
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, whole leaves removed from stem
- 3 strawberries, sliced into 24 thin slices
- 5 sheets nori
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup sweet chili sauce, divided
- Press tofu to remove water; marinate 30 minutes in ½ cup sweet chili sauce. Slice into strips.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring 4 cups water to boil. Add rice noodles and oil, cook until al dente, 3–5 minutes; drain.
- To prepare nori, soak a dry dish towel in water and wring out until damp. Place one sheet of nori on towel, shiny side down; leave on 1 minute, until nori is pliable.
- Working one roll at a time, across the center of each sheet, layer 2 peach slices, 3 strawberries slices, a few mint leaves and a handful of rice noodles; drizzle ½ tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of chili sauce on top. Roll tightly from the bottom, and place seam-side down on presentation platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with remaining chili sauce as a dip.