Pasta with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
This healthy Mediterranean-style dish comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1/2 a large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick half moons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound pound of pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Heat olive oil in a 12 to 14-inch sauté pan. Add the zucchini & cook stirring occasional, until soft. Season lightly with salt. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta and toss into the pan with the zucchini. Place the pan back on the heat. Add the tomatoes, season with salt, and cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta to the pan and stir to combine. Add basil and a splash of olive oil (just enough to lightly coat the pasta).
- Spoon into serving bowls and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post