Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, or more to taste
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place almond flour, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Fold in coconut oil, maple syrup and peppermint extract until evenly incorporated.
- Allow batter to rest 10 minutes in refrigerator.
- Roll 1 Tbsp of cookie batter between palms of hands to form a ball, and place on baking sheet. Press to flatten into approximately an 1/8-inch-thick disk.
- Bake 10 minutes, and then cool a few minutes on baking sheet before removing to a wire rack.
- Melt half the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Take off heat and fold in remainder of chocolate to temper the mixture.
- Dip cookies in chocolate and place back on parchment-lined baking sheet. Or you can drizzle chocolate on top of cookies.
- Refrigerate cookies 15 minutes to set chocolate coating.
Excerpted from Naturally, Delicious Desserts: 100 Sweet But Not Sinful Treats © 2020 By Danny Seo. Photograph by Rikki Snyder. Published by Gibbs Smith.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 53mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post