Quick and easy to prepare, this almond flour–based muffin provides a great source of protein to begin your day.
- 3 cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Zest of 2 large oranges
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line muffin cups with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in dried cranberries and orange zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, ghee and orange juice. Add to dry ingredients; stir just to combine.
- Use a scoop to distribute batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake about 18 minutes, until golden and firm to touch. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooking rack.
PER SERVING: 219 CAL; 5G PROTEIN; 4G FAT; 41G CARB (15G SUGARS); 117MG SODIUM; 2G FIBER