Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1/2 red onion, cut into chunks
- 3 scallions, trimmed
- 8 to 9 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1/2 cup rough-chopped Korean pear or apple
- 1/2 cup rough-chopped red bell pepper
- 1 knob fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Mushroom Dashi or water
- 2 Tbsp potato starch
- Make marinade: In a high-powered blender, combine red onion, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, brown rice syrup, rice vinegar, mirin, Korean pear, bell pepper, ginger, sesame oil, and pepper and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Make sauce: Transfer marinade to a medium pot and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cook liquid until reduced by about one-third, about 20 minutes.
- Ina small bowl, stir together mushroom dashi into potato starch to create aslurry. Gradually stir slurry into cooking marinade and continue stirring until sauce thickens.
- Once sauce has thickened, remove it from heat and let it cool (allowing it to thicken a little more). Once cooled, store it in refrigerator for use in next several days or freeze it for future use.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine