Mediterranean Pasta Salad
A hearty meal that also tastes good when cold. Plus, whole grain pasta supply with carbohydrates and long-lasting energy.
- 3 ounces whole-grain pasta
- 4.5 ounces low-fat mozzarella
- 1/2 eggplant
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (preferably in olive oil)
- 1.5 ounces arugula
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium pot, bring water to a roiling boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Sponge the sun-dried tomatoes with a paper towel to absorb excess oil, then cut into thin strips.
- Dice eggplant and mozzarella.
- Take 2 teaspoons olive oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes and heat in a skillet. Stir-fry eggplant approximately 15 minutes, until medium brown and soggy.
- Mix all ingredients together, season with salt.
Freeletics has been built around a single vision since day one: to help everyone in the world unleash their full physical and mental potential, and become the greatest version of themselves. Freeletics promotes and increases physical fitness as well as mental strength, willpower and self-confidence – all of which are vital tools for shaping a life in accordance with one’s desires and goals. Freeletics Nutrition is an app for a clean-eating lifestyle designed to work around your preferences, parameters and habits. With foodie-grade recipes, reaching your nutritional goals has never tasted this good!