Macadamia Nut-Crusted Tofu
A gourmet-style tofu dish that will impress everyone at the dinner table.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or your favorite, (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water or more, depending on consistency of tahini
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut
- 2 teaspoons blue cornmeal (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro, Italian parsley, basil, or herb of your choosing
- Preheat the oven or a toaster oven to 350°F. Slice the tofu into four cutlets. Or try making triangles by slicing the block of tofu diagonally and then slice in half to create four cutlets. Place on a baking dish with soy sauce, coconut oil, if using, and water. Marinate for 5 minutes, flipping periodically.
- While the tofu is marinating, prepare the tahini marinade by placing the ingredients in a small bowl and whisking well.
Place the tofu, along with its marinade, in the oven and roast for 12 minutes. While the tofu is cooking, prepare the crust. Pulse-chop the macadamia nuts in a food processor until they are coarse crumbs. Be careful not to over-process or they will turn into a paste. Transfer to a bowl with the remaining crust ingredients and mix well.
- Remove the tofu from the oven and coat the top of the cutlets with tahini marinade, using a spoon. Liberally top the cutlets with the crust mixture and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.