Photo Credit: Lightlife
With the same great taste and juicy texture as traditional beef, the Lightlife Plant-Based burger packs 20g of plant-based protein with 0g of cholesterol and only 2.5g of saturated fat in a quarter-pound patty.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 4 Lightlife Plant-Based Burgers
- 1/4 cup Classic Burger Rub
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Package Chao Creamy Original Cheese
- 4 (small) leaves of Butter Iceberg Lettuce
- Chao Creamy Original
- Tomato (sliced)
- Red onion (sliced)
- Condiments (Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo)
- 4 Burger Buns
Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of the Classic Burger rub on each side of each Lightlife Burger Patty. Rub gently to press into the patty.
- Heat a heavy-bottom skillet over high heat. Brush the pan lightly with olive oil. Add the burger and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes on the other side.
- Add chao cheese to top of burger patties and allow chao to melt while the burger finishes cooking for 1-2 mins.
- While the burgers are cooking, toast the buns by lightly glazing with olive oil and heating on stove top until bottom is lightly toasted.
- Lightly apply the mayo of your choice to the bottom buns.
- Remove burger patties from the pan and place on bottom buns. Add toppings and condiments. Plate and enjoy!
Classic Burger Rub (makes 1/4 cup, enough for 6-8 burgers)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 heaping teaspoon of dry mix per patty, plus 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce per side.
- Rub spices into the patty in light circular motions directly before preparing to grill.
Find Lightlife burgers in the produce isle.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post