Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Leek and Spinach Frittata with White Cheddar
This rustic egg dish features leeks, spinach and parsley.
- 2½ tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium leeks; white parts only, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 12 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup roughly chopped parsley
- ½ cup grated white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Add leeks and a couple pinches of salt. Sauté until softened, 3–4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add spinach and remaining ½ tablespoon butter to skillet; cook for about 1 minute, until spinach is wilted.
- Whisk parsley into eggs, and pour eggs into skillet.
- Place in oven, and bake 12–14 minutes, until frittata is puffed and eggs are firm to touch. Top with cheese, and bake an additional 2 minutes until melted. Serve warm.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 390mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g