Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ½ medium bunch Swiss chard
- ½ small green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 6 dates, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint, more for garnish
- Yogurt, for topping
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook lamb until browned, stirring often, about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, remove stems from Swiss chard and cut stems into ¼- inch slices. Set stems aside. Roughly chop chard leaves.
- Add cabbage and chard stems to lamb. Sauté for 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic, cumin, orange zest, salt and cinnamon; cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Deglaze with orange juice to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in chard, carrots, dates and mint; cook for about 3 minutes, until chard is wilted. Season to taste.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt and mint for serving.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine