Keto Citrus-Herb Shrimp Sauté
Full of fresh flavor and bright color, this delicious shrimp dish will feel like a ray of sunshine on a cold winter day. Serve the shrimp and veggies over cauliflower rice with a side of ripe avocado for a keto meal that will transport you to warmer climes.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 pound (about 20) jumbo shrimp; peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼–½ cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup seeded, diced red, yellow or orange bell pepper (a mix of all three colors looks beautiful)
- 2 tablespoons seeded, minced jalapeno or serrano pepper (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ cup sliced green onion, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon each dried thyme and oregano
- 1 cup shrimp broth or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh, minced cilantro or parsley
- Zest and juice of 2 large limes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Sprigs of cilantro, for garnish
- Steamed cauliflower rice, avocado and lime wedges, optional
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Place shrimp in a single layer, working in two batches if necessary. Cook until they begin to brown. Turn them over, and cook another minute. Remove from pan, and set aside while you make the sauce.
- Add peppers to pan; cook until they begin to soften. Add tomatoes, onions, thyme and oregano. If pan is too dry, add a splash of broth to moisten. Cook until tomatoes begin to soften and release their juice.
- Add broth and simmer; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Put shrimp back in pan, and heat until fully cooked. Add cilantro or parsley, lime zest and juice, and butter. Stir until butter is melted and mixed in; remove from heat immediately.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and sliced green onion, if desired.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, a side of sliced avocado and lime wedges.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post