Fresh herbs like cilantro and mint give this salad an extra flavor kick.
- 1 bunch kale—about 6 cups—washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded or thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Remove kale leaves from thick stems.
- Chop into strips and place in a large bowl.
- Massage oil, garlic, salt and pepper into the kale until it is well coated and begins to soften. Add lemon juice and continue to massage into the kale for about a minute.
- Add bell pepper, carrot, pine nuts, avocado, cilantro and mint and gently toss until incorporated.
This recipe features a winter superfood, kale. One of the only a few dark green veggies that grow throughout the winter.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 16mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g