Fresh herbs like cilantro and mint give this salad an extra flavor kick.
- 1 bunch kale—about 6 cups—washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded or thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
Remove kale leaves from thick stems.
Chop into strips and place in a large bowl.
Massage oil, garlic, salt and pepper into the kale until it is well coated and begins to soften. Add lemon juice and continue to massage into the kale for about a minute.
Add bell pepper, carrot, pine nuts, avocado, cilantro and mint and gently toss until incorporated.
This recipe features a winter superfood, kale. One of the only a few dark green veggies that grow throughout the winter.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 16mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g