Recipe Type: Entree
Author: Jorge de la Torre
- 1 (2-pound) kabocha squash; seeds removed, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place kabocha on a large-rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until squash is golden brown and tender, 30–35 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring vinegar, honey, raisins, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until syrupy, 8–10 minutes.
- Brush half of warm sauce over warm squash. Transfer to a platter.
- Just before serving, reheat remaining sauce, adding a splash of water if needed to loosen. Spoon over squash, and add fresh basil and mint.
PER SERVING: 156 CAL; 5G PROTEIN; 6G FAT; 24G CARB (5G SUGARS); 397MG SODIUM; 3G FIBER