Jazz Apple Grilled Cheese on Sourdough
Chef Adam Glick uses JAZZ apples in this grilled cheese recipe.
- 8 pieces thinly sliced sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, but not melted
- 16 thin slices of smoked gouda (or white cheddar)
- 16 thin slices of JAZZ (TM) apple
- Butter each slice of bread on one side with approx 1/2 T butter on each piece. Lay out one slice of the bread buttered side down, then layer on top 2 slices cheese, 2 slices apple, 2 slices, cheese, then 2 slices apple. Place another slice of bread on top, buttered side up. Repeat for other 3 sandwiches.
- Heat a large saute or grill pan over high heat and, once hot, add 2 sandwiches at a time to the pan. Turn down heat to medium and let toast until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes. Flip and let the other side toast for another 2 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from pan and repeat with other sandwiches, then slice and serve!