Jalapeno Caramel Corn
A spicy take on this sweet classic snack. Jalapenos and caramel popcorn? You bet!
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium high heat in a pot. Add the popcorn kernels and cover with a lid. Shake pot to move kernels a couple times a minute to prevent burning. Once the popping slows down, remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Remove seeds of the jalapenos and finely chop. Sauté jalapenos in a small amount of coconut oil until they begin to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small pot, bring maple syrup and coconut oil to a boil over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the jalapenos, almond butter, vanilla and salt. Drizzle caramel sauce over the popcorn and toss until evenly coated. Put parchment paper over a sheet tray and spread popcorn over it. Bake for 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees.