Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Butter or cooking spray, for pan
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 12 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 12 slices Italian bread, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat six wells of a cupcake pan generously with butter or cooking spray. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk until color is uniform. Stir in salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Place two sliced tomatoes and a small amount of spinach into each buttered muffin cup. Fill each cup about three-fourths full with egg mixture.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until centers are barely firm to the touch and the tops of the muffins have domed. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and serve immediately between two slices of toasted Italian bread or sandwich bread.
- The egg muffins can be refrigerated for up to two days, or frozen.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post