100% make your own or take our shortcut.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 pint So Delicious Frozen Dessert, any flavor, or your ice cream of choice, softened
- Beat together first five ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, and then flour and cocoa. Cover and chill 30
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness; then cut into desired shape and size.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°. Remove and allow to cool.
- Spread softened ice cream between two wafers, place on a waxpaper-
lined cookie sheet, and place in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, until frozen.