Photo Credit: Karonline Jönsson and Norstedts, stockholm
Hummus Holiday Bowl
This jewel-toned beet hummus makes a festive appetizer for any holiday occasion.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 2 pounds
- 4 medium raw beetroots (beets), scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, skin on and cut in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 cans (14 ounces) cooked chickpeas (garbanzo), drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and black pepper
- Olives, chioggia, beetroots, thyme, rosemary, unhulled white and black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place beetroots in an ovenproof dish with garlic. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top and roast 30 minutes or until the beetroots have softened. Leave to cool slightly; then squeeze garlic out of its skin.
- Put all ingredients in a blender, preferably a high-speed one, or use a stick blender. If you use a blender with a bowl you may need to do this in two batches, since this is a real mega batch. Add ¾ cup water and blend until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- The hummus in the picture is topped with olives, thinly sliced chioggia beetroot, thyme, rosemary and unhulled white and black sesame seeds.
Excerpted from Happy Vegan Christmas: Plant-Based Recipes for Festive Scandinavian Feasts © 2019 by Karoline Jönsson. Published by Pavilion.
Serving: 9oz | Calories: 879kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 62g | Sodium: 833mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 16g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post